Sunday, July 29, 2007

My oh My I Am Bad at Blogs!

Sooooooo basically the blog was fun the day we started it, and then we have yet to update it. Here is a quick recap of the events that have happened since the last blog

  • Halle Harker got even cuter
  • Kali found a sense of humor
  • Victoria has stopped biting her nails
  • I (Jordan) spent the last week obsessed with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Victoria and I went to Lake Powell with The Simpson's (not the movie, the family)

Halle is growing up really fast! She is really long and super cute! Check out the Halle Harker blog linked on the right to see tons of cute pictures of her!

As for Kali......... I always thought she was really funny, but I also thought 90% of her humor was because she was clueless! But it turns out that Kali is actually trying to be funny, and is even doing a good job of it! Well done Kali!



Before we get too far in the blog, I am now going to post my Review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I will try not to give away any of the ending, but no promises. OK, nevermind, I promise. Lets begin!

So we are in year 7 of the Fabulous! life of Harry Potter. We have seen him grow from a young lad being tortured by his aunt and uncle to the wizarding hero that we all know and love. The 7th book is a fantastic end to the series and clears up everything that you were curious about before!

If you plan on reading the book, let me give you a suggestion. Go to Wikipedia and read the summaries for the first 6 books. There was a lot that I forgot about that I needed to remember while reading the 7th.

My review is generally positive, however, I found one huge drawback to reading the book. I am now really really really mad that magic isn't real. I was driving back from Logan on Friday and I was suddenly really frustrated that I couldn't just apparate back to Provo. I was really upset about it.

I was in church today and I was focused on my program whispering "Wingardium Leviosa" and the crappy piece of paper wouldn't rise in the air. In frustration I stood up and screamed in the middle of church. OK, that's not true, but my scar did hurt!

So in Summary Harry Potter is a coming of age tale that should be read by anyone looking for a little light reading

I may have a future in book reviews.


So now to the pictures of us! We rocked Lake Powell last weekend with my Aunt Stacy, Uncle A.J. and my cousins Madison and Kennady. It was the first time that we (Victoria and I) have been to Lake Powell, and it was awesome! We are so lucky to have such awesome relatives that would take us with them! So onto the best pictures from the week.

We spent lots of time wakeboarding and it turns out Victoria is really good, and I can hold my own in the water!




That's me catching some air over the wake. I actually landed! ha ha.




Victoria getting more air than me!

Madison getting her Wake on

Kens showing off


All of us under Rainbow Bridge, the pictures isn't that clear, but it was pretty awesome either way!



So yeah, the blog is updated! There are so many more pictures from Lake Powell, and Victoria took some amazing pictures, which I will let her put up on the blog later! It was such an awesome weekend. We are headed back to Colorado on Tuesday to do all the engagement stuff, so hopefully we will get to see some of you while we are there! Sorry for ramblin'!





3 comments:

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

Dear Jordan,

I am only funny when I write. The other 90% of the time it really is because I am clueless.

Love the Lake Powell Pictures! I am very impressed!

I can't wait to see you guys!

Love,

Kali*

Girls-R-Us!!! said...

You guys are awesome!! Great moves!!

Can't wait to see you guys this week!!!

The Simpsons

Jayme said...

I heard you guys looked SO cute for your engagement pictures. YAY!!! I am so excited for you two. Keep the blog updated.