Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Done with college!!!!..... if I can pass math......



So I am FINALLY done with my last long semester of college. I now have one art project, a business class, and college algebra that stand in the way of me graduating. The only one I am truly worried about....math. It terrifies me, and I already have a three hour block of time set aside every day from July through August on the phone with my grandpa gogarty who will be helping me through it. Cant he just be Victoria and head down to the testing center for me? Lets just say when I was a child my mother would sit at the table with me grouping straight pretzels into little groups to visually show me how to add and subtract.The images above pretty much explain how I feel about math. How in the world do they come up with all these silly answers. I just will never understand it. This is why I love art. It is very self explanatory. If you add together blue and red it makes purple. Right before your eyes. It is amazing. There are no equations or numbers involved at all. Just color. Which be the way one of the last questions I will ever answer on a college final was to draw a complete color wheel and correctly color it in. Lets just say I didn't even look at the study guide and passed with flying colors......

Well we are headed to Denver tomorrow for a two day trip for RMLC's (for lacrosse) then we will be back for nationals for a week. I am NOT looking forward to two ten hour bus rides at all, and I am already stressing about my art project that is starting next week.

And for those that don't know I have been keeping a very consistent photography blog with all of my new work. Lately it has been lots and lots of lacrosse but there are going to be some new portraits and landscapes soon (I have a show June 6) check it out here. Put it on your blog lists (I update every few days with new images) And here is a sneak peek at one of my most favorite images I have taken all season.

2 comments:

raw mom said...

love the shot...

Rachel said...

um ya i love that pic. a lot. and i hate math. a lot.