Sunday, April 5, 2009

White Chili

Jordan and I tried a new recipe last night and it was really really good! One of our favorites and Jordan now wants me to make it every other week. It is white chili and it is really easy and fast to make.

1 pound of ground turkey (we used ground beef and it was good also)
1 cup medium or hot salsa (I might use hot next time to give it a little more kick)
1 can corn
1 cup water
2 cans of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
1 package jalapeno pepper chedder cheese (cut up into cubes)

Brown your meat in your saucepan and then add salsa, corn, water, beans, and cheese. Stir together and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese has melted.




Better yet, we have been trying to watch what we eat and eat a little healthier, this is supposed to serve 8 and each serving only has 339 calories in it! Enjoy!

1 comments:

Christina said...

YUMMY! I am definitely going to try this--and I love how simple it is.