Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thistle















Yesterday Jordan, Jeremy, and I went to Thistle. I needed to get some new images for some shows I am submitting for (and one that I am in that is in June) and it was nice out and we needed some adventure. It was a blast. We explored for most of the day and got some great shots! I had no idea how much fun rubble and ruins were to shoot! If you dont know much about Thistle check out more about it here. Basically it was destroyed in 1983 by a huge mudslide that caused the river to damn and form a lake over the city. It was pretty much all gone but there is still a schoolhouse there, some houses underwater, and a house that is mostly just the foundation. We also found this genealogy document which was pretty cool. It was fun! I am so excited to get out and explore more this summer! Enjoy the pictures! I will put them all up at www.victoriaharris.zenfolio.com in the next few days!

3 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE those--they look awesome. I would love to find a place here that is all dilapidated.

Victoria said...

Thanks! It was so fun! And eerie at the same time.....

HolliJo said...

Those turned out really good Vic! I hope you are doing well! I love seeing all your pictures :)